Member Filter: Summation of an Expansion

CAIGuySeanF
New Contributor III

Hello,

Is there a way to aggregate the result of an expansion within a member filter?  For example, I have multiple entities that are Australian.  I would like to aggregate the balances of all of those entities into a single row.  I'm using the attached syntax which produces the entire list, but I would like all the results to be aggregated into one line item without all the underlying detail.  Does anyone know of a solution?

Thanks,

Sean

6 REPLIES 6

CAIGuySeanF
New Contributor III

image.png

Koemets
Contributor

I'm wondering if you can do the alt hierarchy for this report sake. But you can definitely use the XFBR.

CAIGuySeanF
New Contributor III

We are trying to avoid the maintenance associated with an alternate hierarchy, would you happen to have sample XFBR to perform this task?

SxD
New Contributor III

Is this only for Quick Views or Cube Views/Reports as well? 

CAIGuySeanF
New Contributor III

Ideally QVs and CVs.  I tried to replicate the logic in a CV (CVR reference) and wasn't successful as it took only the top member expansion from the list.

SxD
New Contributor III

I don't know the XFBR Koemets mentioned, but I was thinking as an alternate route, maybe a UD8 (reporting) or Account with a DynamicCalc formula could meet your needs. Writing it so it calculates based on the Entity's currency or a text field.