Metadata Report

miked
Contributor

Hi All,

Does anyone know of nice reporting on the metadata and the properties of each member?  Basically, I am looking for something like the Dimension Library Grid View to be displayed in a user-friendly report.  Before we start building something I wanted to make sure someone doesn't have an easy solution for this.  Would want something that users could easily access perhaps via Cubeview or Dashboard content.

An example would be a report that shows all of the accounts with their metadata properties (ie. description, AllowInput, AcctType, Text1-8, etc.).  I checked the Application Reports (RPTA) that is in MarketPlace but it doesn't have anything.

Thx,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tdugas
New Contributor III

Yes that is correct

ud8.PNG

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

NidhiMangtani
Contributor III

Hello,

You can use XFMemberProperty syntax mentioned below to retrieve details in your report:

XFMemberProperty(DimType=Entity, Member=|MFEntity|, Property=Text2)

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Nidhi Mangtani

tdugas
New Contributor III

I am attaching two screen shots of our meta data dashboard  hope that helps

metadatadashboard.PNG

metadatadashboard2.PNG

ok so you set each member property up as a dimension member in UD8 i am presuming?

tdugas
New Contributor III

If you want the extract xml of that dimension,  post your email and I can send to you, it wont let me post that much data here

tdugas
New Contributor III

Yes that is correct

ud8.PNG

ok thx...we have similar members setup so I think I am okay.  Was hoping there was a way to do without having to add members to dimension.  Thx for your help on this.