Move member from One Parent to other parent member

KK2012
New Contributor II

Hi Team,

We have client requirement that, Member needs to be moved from one parent to other parent. In this process, it should not impact rollup data for old parent for historical months. If any handle this in the past, please share your thoughts on this or any inputs would be appreciated. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KarlT
Contributor II

Hi, can I ask which dimension does this relate to?

If this is the entity dimension then you can use the relationship settings (percent consol etc.) and vary them by time. So the member would remain under both parents but only consolidate to the appropriate one based on the time period.

If however, this is any other dimension, that approach won't be possible. Since the parents are aggregated on the fly, you will need to maintain alternate hierarchies. Users can then report on the old and new structures as required.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nikpowar97
Contributor

I think you can use these functions and give it a try in Extender BR
Brapi.Finance.Dim.GetDimPk(si, "DimName")  'dimPk

Dim relPk As New RelationshipPk(dimTypeId.<Dimtype>, parentMember.Member.MemberId, childid)  'relationshipPks

Dim relPositionOpt As New RelationshipPositionOptions()
relPositionOpt.MovementType = RelationshipMovementType.InsertAsLastSibling

BRApi.Finance.MemberAdmin.CopyOrMoveRelationships(si, dimPk, relationshipPks, newParentId, isCopyNotMove, relationshipPositionOptions)

Dim rel As New Relationship(relPk, scenarioDim.DimPk.DimId, RelationshipMovementType.InsertAsLastSibling, 1)
Dim relInfo As New RelationshipInfo(rel, Nothing)

BRApi.Finance.MemberAdmin.SaveRelationshipInfo(si, relInfo, relPositionOpt)

Removing relationship can hamper your historical data if not locked as per my understanding. If you don't want to loke the data, I would suggest you create historical COA with a New Member adding a suffix and copy the data from the original member to it and then move the original member to new parent. 

I would also like to see of anyone has other option it they encountered it before.

KarlT
Contributor II

Hi, can I ask which dimension does this relate to?

If this is the entity dimension then you can use the relationship settings (percent consol etc.) and vary them by time. So the member would remain under both parents but only consolidate to the appropriate one based on the time period.

If however, this is any other dimension, that approach won't be possible. Since the parents are aggregated on the fly, you will need to maintain alternate hierarchies. Users can then report on the old and new structures as required.

KK2012
New Contributor II

Thank you all for your inputs and suggestions on this. This is for our Account dimension changes.