Old Parameter appearing in cubeview

JacobH
New Contributor II

I am altering a cubeview that is pretty basic, one column and a handful of rows.

This CV had a parameter to dictate the scenario. However, I have deleted the parameter from the cubeview rows and set the POV to my desired scenario. When I go to run the CV, I still get the scenario selection has a pop up. How can I get rid of these selection if the parameter is no longer being utilized in the CV?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

As @rjgoss said, something in that setup is still referencing that parameter. It could be in the CubeView or, if you're embedding it, in the parent Dashboard.

One trick is to export the CV, open the resulting XML file in Notepad (or equivalent), then search for the parameter - the containing tag should tell you where you need to make changes.

View solution in original post

rjgoss
New Contributor III

Application=>Tools=>Load/Extract=>Extract=>Cube Views

Find the one that is the issue and press the Extract button on top.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

rjgoss
New Contributor III

If it's popping up the selection box, the parameter is still being referenced somewhere.  It can be anywhere, so make sure to check places you wouldn't think, such as report headers/footers, overrides, page caption, etc...  If it's using shared cube views, check those too.

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

As @rjgoss said, something in that setup is still referencing that parameter. It could be in the CubeView or, if you're embedding it, in the parent Dashboard.

One trick is to export the CV, open the resulting XML file in Notepad (or equivalent), then search for the parameter - the containing tag should tell you where you need to make changes.

JacobH
New Contributor II

Looking through the CV, my only export options are when I run the CV I have the choices to show report or export to excel, neither of which let me see the underlying code. Am Missing the export XML somewhere?

rjgoss
New Contributor III

Application=>Tools=>Load/Extract=>Extract=>Cube Views

Find the one that is the issue and press the Extract button on top.