Open Two CubeViews in Desktop at Once

dbeavon
Contributor

This is a basic question related to cubeviews.

When I open cubeview_1, it closes cubeview_2.  When I open cubeview_2, it closes cubeview_1.

Is there a way to keep both my cubeviews open in the desktop?  This seems like a silly U/I constraint to restrict users from working with more than one cubeview at a time.  We are using Desktop v.6.5.0.12623.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, David

PS. I have lots of peeves about the U/I but this is a major one.  Others include

• No standard ribbons, like every other windows app
  • Navigation tabs that are shown across the BOTTOM of the Window!?  Mousing around the top, left, and bottom of my screen is just bad.
  • Very low support for keyboard shortcuts. (even basic things like Ctrl+N, Ctrl+S, etc)
  • Virtually no right click (context) menus
  • etc.  None of these are rocket science, and hopefully I'm not the only one who is complaining...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

EricOsmanski
Valued Contributor

Hello - if you open a new tab at the bottom and then run your CV from OnePlace it will have multiple CV's open at once.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

EricOsmanski
Valued Contributor

Hello - if you open a new tab at the bottom and then run your CV from OnePlace it will have multiple CV's open at once.

dbeavon
Contributor

@EricOsmanski That worked.  Thanks.

The tabs along the bottom are pretty obscure and non-standard, together with the subtle command that is used to create a new tab.  I would probably not have found this on my own.  (On the other hand, if there was a normal command ribbon at the top of the app with a big "Create New Tab" button, that would be a whole different story!)