PDF Report Autofit

Aliaksandra
New Contributor II

Hi there!

The cube view report Paper is configured as A4, Auto Fit Number of Pages Wide as "0". When printed, the report appears on 2 pages. The target is to autofit all of these 2 pages´ content into 1. How should we proceed in order to get it?

Thanks!

Regards, 

6 REPLIES 6

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

What happens if you set the property to 1...?

Hi! It still breaks the content into two pages.

Either it's a bug (so you should talk to Support), or your report includes something (an image?), probably in headers, that cannot be shrunk.

The following setup works for me on a cubeview that has 17 columns (version 7.0):

JackLacava_0-1667475244970.png

It seems to me it´s because of the header (we have parameters for entity, period and group called there). Have just created a copy without this header with the Autofit put to 1 and it worked! What could we do to make it function with the header as well?

Thanks a lot!

I'm not sure. I tried to reproduce that behaviour using parameters or substitution variables and couldn't, so it might be a slight bug in an older version...? If you can post the Report Header section that breaks things, I might try to reproduce it further.

JackLacava_0-1667488622220.png

|CVEntityDesc|

XFBR(REP_ParamHelper, GetMbrNameOrDesc, Dim=Time, Value=|!SelectTime_FSK!|)

|CVScenario|, |CVView| - |CVUD2|

CURRENCY: EUR K

>>>>>>>>

Public Class MainClass
Public Function Main(ByVal si As SessionInfo, ByVal globals As BRGlobals, ByVal api As Object, ByVal args As DashboardStringFunctionArgs) As Object
Try

If (args.FunctionName.XFEqualsIgnoreCase("GetMbrNameOrDesc")) Then
'XFBR(REP_ParamHelper, GetMbrNameOrDesc, Dim=Time, Value=|WFTime|)
Dim strDim As String = args.NameValuePairs.XFGetValue("Dim")
Dim strValue As String = args.NameValuePairs.XFGetValue("Value")
If String.IsNullOrEmpty(strDim) OrElse String.IsNullOrEmpty(strValue) Then Return String.Empty
Dim dimMbr As [Dim] = BRApi.Finance.Dim.GetDim(si, strDim)
Dim mbrValue As Member = BRApi.Finance.Members.GetMember(si, dimMbr.DimPk.DimTypeId, strValue)
Dim strResult As String = mbrValue.NameOrDescription
Return strResult
End If

Return Nothing
Catch ex As Exception
Throw ErrorHandler.LogWrite(si, New XFException(si, ex))
End Try
End Function
End Class