Parameter for page caption using row set

DDrider
New Contributor II

I am building a cube view that has 3 row set options. The user selects their row set by a parameter, placed in the row sharing property of the cube view. Depending on the row set selected by the user, I need the page caption to change. The page captions for each row set options are static and will not change. Is it possible to pull the page captions when the row set is selected? Or, can I make the page caption change depending on which row set option is selected? I would like this to be selected concurrently with the single parameter that already exists.

I don't believe I can pull the row set POV to the page description, and I cannot figure out a way to pull a delimited list based on another delimited list parameter selection.

Hypothetical example: The user selects from 3 row set options; GBP, EUR, or USD. Depending on their selection, the page caption should read 'Investment Report GBP', 'Investment Report EUR', or 'Investment Report USD'. The row sets are different depending on the currency.

2 REPLIES 2

Manasa
New Contributor III

Hi,

An XFBR for the page caption could work in this scenario, but you may need to tweak the code slightly depending on how your parameter is configured.

Manasa_0-1700036421801.pngManasa_1-1700036445515.png

Thank you,

Manasa

Michel_Sabourin
Contributor II

You should be able to just use the parameter you're using to select the row sets. in the caption field, put:

Investment Report |![Name of parameter]!|