Problem: Unable to Submit Comments within the #V Dimension due to Intersection Being Read-Only

Ginger_Main
New Contributor II

Hello,

As my title indicates, I am trying to create comment columns within my CV's that utilize the V#Annotation and V#VarianceExplanation members and am stuck at a roadblock with this error:

Error saving data attachment. The intersection is read-only.

Is this something handled within security? Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: I have heard that one possibility is that this is not a base level member that I want to make a comment to. Could that be the reason why? And if that is the case, is there a way to get around this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

coneill
New Contributor III

I think 2022Top need to be changed to base members. Are all of these base members?

SWINC, SWCON, PRODUCT_REVENUE, DEPT

Variance explanations are loaded just like number data, at base members, in local currency. Annual comments probably should go in 20xxM12, but I don't think you can put them at 2022.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Cosimo
Contributor II

Hi Ginger,

Can you provide a screenshot of the POV that you're trying to write comments to? 

Ginger_Main
New Contributor II

Ginger_Main_0-1665506204545.png

Of Course

coneill
New Contributor III

Try Local instead of USD.

Ginger_Main
New Contributor II

Changed this to Local, still does not work.

coneill
New Contributor III

I think 2022Top need to be changed to base members. Are all of these base members?

SWINC, SWCON, PRODUCT_REVENUE, DEPT

Variance explanations are loaded just like number data, at base members, in local currency. Annual comments probably should go in 20xxM12, but I don't think you can put them at 2022.

Cosimo
Contributor II

How is your Comment  column setup in the Cube View? Would this setting be set to False on your end? i.e. select the Comment column, select the Data tab and set "Can Modify Data" set to True:

Cosimo_0-1665516396705.png