Quick View Excel Styles

skyzak22
New Contributor

I am wanting to use a custom Data Style that I have made in Excel, in a OS Quick View. I have followed the instructions found here  but it seems that the custom style does not populate as an option in the OneStream  Quick View settings. Is there something I have to do after creating it in excel, but before using it in OS? 

8 REPLIES 8

skyzak22
New Contributor

I'm using OS/Excel add-in 7.3.3 is that helps. 

Henning
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

I assume you did exactly what I did in my test. I created a new style in Excel and then assigned my style to the new quick view here:

Henning_0-1718899769668.png

Now my numbers are pink:

Henning_1-1718899835118.png

No need to restart anything or to log off or on again. I was just able to select the style. I am currently on 8.1, but I did use that functionality a while ago as well before my upgrade.

When I create a new CV in OneStream, my custom Style doesn't show as an option to select in the 'Data Style' elipse. 

skyzak22_0-1718900780930.png

Henning
Valued Contributor II

But it does appear in your list in Excel, I assume?

Henning_0-1718901107218.png

If yes, did you try hard-coding it into the Data Style of your quick view settings field instead of selecting the member from the list?

Henning_1-1718901177774.png

Yes to both. The custom format works as I expect in the Excel file. Just cant figure out why it isn't transferring to OneStream. Does the custom style persist for all OS quickviews? I just noticed that the custom style doesn't appear on a new Excel file. I thought it would continue for all files associated with my OS add-in. 

Henning
Valued Contributor II

I see, I think I understand now. So it works in your first workbook, but not in new ones. This is because the style is an Excel functionality, not a OneStream functionality. OneStream is just using the style available in your local Excel.

You can save your style and re-use this going forward also in new Excel workbooks. I googled a quick instruction:

Save cell styles to use in all new workbooks - Microsoft Support

Are you saying that I cannot use a custom style in the actual OneStream Spreadsheets for Quick Views? My end goal is to have a custom style that will persist in my OS Spreadsheet tool indefinitely. 

Henning
Valued Contributor II

Ok, maybe I slightly misunderstood. I thought you got it to work, but only in a single workbook. 

Step by step:

- Custom style should work, as per my very first response. I made the text pink, and you can customize your style as per your liking. If that is still not working on your end, I do not know why. I guess a remote session might help to see if a step might have been missed or if you found an exception.

- "Just cant figure out why it isn't transferring to OneStream." --> It technically does not transfer to OneStream, but you can use it on a quick view in Excel. Make sure to create your style and then select it for your quick view. If you close your workbook, you need to create the style again unless you saved the style as per previous link (Microsoft help).

- "Does the custom style persist for all OS quickviews?" --> Yes, if you save it as per previous link and select it for each quick view.

- "I just noticed that the custom style doesn't appear on a new Excel file. I thought it would continue for all files associated with my OS add-in." --> This is what I was referring to in my previous post. As cell styles are an Excel functionality, they can only be re-used in a new file when they have been saved accordingly (Microsoft help link).