Relevant Subschedule(Account details) to open

prachtiwari11
New Contributor II

Hello

I am trying to create a type of dashboard that will contain multiple reports. I want that whatever report has data, only that should appear and report with no data should get suppressed along with its rows and columns too whenver I execute a dashboard? Can this also be achieved via a Cubeview?

Please suggest?

1 REPLY 1

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi, what kind of dashboard do you have in mind? You could probably create a memberlist that checks if data is in a data unit or e.g. an account you have in mind and only return the cube view names to the memberlist that have data. The users can then select the reports to be displayed e.g. in a combo box using this member list. Please note that if you have a large memberlist, checking if a member has data for each one in the list, this might be a little slow.

However, I am not sure what value that might bring for the end users. My personal preference is to give the users a CV as the starting point that just shows them the data on a high level. From that point, users can then use linked CVs or linked dashboard to explore the areas where data is. This way would be more performant and easier to navigate in my view as they start from a high-level overview rather than clicking on individual reports.

In the past, I created a report book, displaying only cube views with data in it, but that required an XFBR as well that checked if data is in the data unit and set the CV to isVisible = False. Not the ideal solution either, but it is possible.