Remove the value of a child

CrispinC
New Contributor II

Is there a way that you can exclude the value of a specific child in the account hierarchy without losing drill down functionality in cube views? For example to exclude bonuses from staff costs.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

You can create a dynamic calc (on the ud8 dimension) subtracting the members value from the nodes.

View solution in original post

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

You can add a drilldown path formula to the ud8 member. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

LeeB
Contributor II

You could create an alternate Account hierarchy for reporting which does not include Staff Costs. 

You could then use this hierarchy in your Cube View.

Lee

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

You can create a dynamic calc (on the ud8 dimension) subtracting the members value from the nodes.

RamuV
New Contributor III

CubeView will retain the Member filter assigned for the Account. The crude way is to mention the Accounts you want in the cubeview.

An alternate account hierarchy can be created with the desired accounts only and also creating a UD8 member with a Stored value in the formula where you call the accounts and exclude the unwanted account.

In cubeview Account member filter, you can also try the GetDataCell(ACC1+ACC2+.....):Name("MyAccounts")

This might again look like lengthy string but might get you the desired cubeview.

In the member filter, please try if you can get any output with the Where clause as well. I haven't tried it but will share feedback in case I test it. 

RV

CrispinC
New Contributor II

Thanks for your comment. I'll have to try the first two suggestions. I did try GetDataCell but then I lose the drilldown functionality, unless I'm doing it wrong.

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

You can add a drilldown path formula to the ud8 member. 

LeeB
Contributor II

You're not doing anything wrong there, GetDataCell will not allow drill-down. 

DeanHarper
New Contributor II

Hi, You can use the remove function in the member filter eg

A#Staff_costs.tree.remove(A#Bonus_cost)

Managing Consultant - AMCO Solutions

CrispinC
New Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks for your advice. I've tried to apply the member filter 

A#[Total Staff Costs].Tree.Remove.(A#R7101002)

with R7101002 being the bonus account.

However I get a result that says #ERROR - Unexpected Text.

I'm not sure how to get around this.

You should remove the . Before the bracket and the A# between the brackets. 
.remove(R7101002) when you hover over the examples in the member selection pane you often see the correct syntax.

Marc Roest
OneStream consultant @Finext

DeanHarper
New Contributor II

Think its just the "." after remove that's causing the error

A#[Total Staff Costs].Tree.Remove(A#R7101002)

Cheers

CrispinC
New Contributor II

Thanks for the great tips. I can see the data at the detailed level but was hoping to get to a single row called Staff costs excl Bonus. Using the remove function is there a way to deduct a single account from the group to get a single line that sums all other account lines in the group without showing those account lines, or does this have to be done through GetDataCell where drill down functionality is lost?