Reporting of Cell Detail Classification in Cube View

100Rub
New Contributor III

Hi All,

How can I show Cell Detail Classification in the report ?

100Rub_1-1716200934867.png

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Krishna
Valued Contributor

@100Rub  - There are couple tables it stores the information.you can query and report out of gridview.

1. DataAttachment - it has the Annotations, footnote and etc,...

2. DataCellDetails - Has the Celll level details.

Thanks
Krishna

View solution in original post

There is a Data Adapter Method called "DataCellDetail". This can be used to get the information you require and pass into various dashboard components, such as the Report component. From this you should be able to create exactly what you need:

KarlT_0-1716277003383.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Krishna
Valued Contributor

@100Rub  - There are couple tables it stores the information.you can query and report out of gridview.

1. DataAttachment - it has the Annotations, footnote and etc,...

2. DataCellDetails - Has the Celll level details.

Thanks
Krishna

100Rub
New Contributor III

Hi Krishna,

That is what I have done through DataCellDetails but I want to display cell details in dashboard/ Cube View/ Quick View/ Spreadsheet. Is there any way to report supporting details in any of the report view and can I export in PDF/ Excel ?

100Rub_0-1716273432405.png

Thanks

There is a Data Adapter Method called "DataCellDetail". This can be used to get the information you require and pass into various dashboard components, such as the Report component. From this you should be able to create exactly what you need:

KarlT_0-1716277003383.png

100Rub
New Contributor III

Thanks for your solution. How can I export both cell supporting details and complete cube view in an excel and a PDF ?

There are probably multiple ways you could approach this with Workspaces/Dashboards. If you want them both in the same PDF/Excel then you could create a Dashboard Report that contained both the Cube View and Cell detail to extract in PDF. Alternatively you could create an excel workbook which contained both the Cube View and a Table View of the cell detail. The specific solution will depend on how you want to interact with the report.

The simplest solution might be to create a dashboard with both a cube view and a grid view of the cell detail. The users can then extract each separately in the format they desire.

100Rub
New Contributor III

Thanks for your reply. Is there any way to extract report (PDF/Excel) in one go ?

You will need to develop a dashboard to enable users to extract both the cube view and the cell detail in one report (either PDF/Excel). This is not possible directly from the cube view.

100Rub
New Contributor III

I am using Cube View MD for a full cube view and the DataCellDetail method type for supporting details, adding these Data Adapters to the BI Viewer. I have been trying to extract both the Cube View and Cell Details through the Dashboard into a single Excel/PDF. From your reply, I understand that this is not possible. Please let me know if there is another way to export the single report to the client, as separate exports do not suffice. 

Thank you.

No, i see a few options (probably not exhaustive), some mentioned above:

1. BIViewer - If you already have the data in BI Viewer it will allow you extract the whole dashboards as either a PDF or Excel. Please note the excel will put different grid components on separate tabs and the PDF will only show what fits on the page when extracting the entire dashboard.

2. Report component - will allow you to put both a cube view and cell detail in one report and extract to PDF

3. Spreadsheet component - you could create a cube view on one tab, and a table view of the cell detail on a second tab.

I hope that helps

Regards,