Row Overrides in a Column Template

Montreux
New Contributor III

I have a column template an the final column the client would like to make comments.  This is the V#Annotation.  I am doing balance sheet planning and have in the rows a mix of V#Periodic for flows and V#YTD for the balances.  The views in the rows take precedence over the view in the column.  I need to use the Row Override in the comments column with the V#Annotation in my column template.  The problem is there is no way to easily define all possible row name in all my cube view forms.  I think there should be some absolute override for all rows.  Does this exist or is there another way to do this I don't know about?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

db_pdx
Contributor III

Hi Montreux: there is not an easy way to do global row/column overrides.  Typically, if that is what you're hoping to do you just specify it as part of the standard member filter for that row or column.

Since you are doing balance sheet planning, V#Periodic and V#YTD will be the same. Can you move/remove the View overrides you are doing and just have the Cube View POV be V#Periodic?  This way your column set to V#Annotation would not require any true overrides.

Else, consider do column overrides within the row filters. This way you only need to focus on those rows that are themselves doing a :V#View adjustment.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

db_pdx
Contributor III

Hi Montreux: there is not an easy way to do global row/column overrides.  Typically, if that is what you're hoping to do you just specify it as part of the standard member filter for that row or column.

Since you are doing balance sheet planning, V#Periodic and V#YTD will be the same. Can you move/remove the View overrides you are doing and just have the Cube View POV be V#Periodic?  This way your column set to V#Annotation would not require any true overrides.

Else, consider do column overrides within the row filters. This way you only need to focus on those rows that are themselves doing a :V#View adjustment.

Montreux
New Contributor III

Thanks for the ideas!  I'll consider these but one should work for me.