Row with Column Over-ride of Year/Period

Kit_Tyrrell
New Contributor II

Hi All,

I am trying to create a simple CV with one column set to T#POV.Prior12, T#POV (to get 13 rolling periods).   For Rows I have 3.  CurrentYear, Budget, and PriorYear.   On PriorYear row I am trying to over-ride the column to show the rolling 13 periods of prior.    I've been unable to get this to work.  It keeps returning the current year rolling 13 period data.

I'm fairly new to OneStream.  Is there an easy way to complete this?

Kit_Tyrrell_0-1684784667778.png

CV Row template where I am trying to over-ride.

Kit_Tyrrell_1-1684784767639.png

CV Column:

Kit_Tyrrell_2-1684784811807.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ryannelissa
New Contributor III

I recently posted on this which may help, I think you need to split your columns out into individual ones so you're override will work correctly.

Breaking Up is Easy - Black Diamond | OneStream Solutions (blackdiamondadvisory.com)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

SxD
New Contributor III

It should definitely be possible. Not really sure why you have a parameter in your override, but can you try this statement in your override? "T#PovPrior12.Prior12, T#PovPrior12" This should return the year before of your current POV month and then using the same .Prior12 expansion, you'll get the same results for the 12 months prior. 

NicoleBruno
Contributor III

Hello!

The member filter on the column override is off. The T#PovPrior1 is a standalone variable and doesn't get any expansions after it. Seems like you might want something like this there instead of what you have: 

T#PovPrior13, T#PovPrior14, T#PovPrior15, T#PovPrior16, T#PovPrior17...

I forgot to add - I use a QV to confirm my member filters are working the way I'm expecting which might be useful for you too. 

ryannelissa
New Contributor III

I recently posted on this which may help, I think you need to split your columns out into individual ones so you're override will work correctly.

Breaking Up is Easy - Black Diamond | OneStream Solutions (blackdiamondadvisory.com)