SQL Table Editor column value other than the bound column

IBK
New Contributor III

I have SQL Table Editor with about 70 columns. I have the bound column tied to a parameter. But I need to access the value of another column of the selected row based on a button click. I want to process that row in the BR function. PLease help.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

SeanV
New Contributor III

Set the Bound column to a column that is a unique identifier for the data record.   Then in the business rule use that unique identifier and SQL to lookup the other fields/values that you need for that record.

View solution in original post

RobbSalzmann
Valued Contributor

Then in your rule, use something like the following to get the row (assuming its always one row) that has the value in it you're looking for:

Dim uniqueID As String = args.NameValuePairs.XFGetValue("UniqueID", String.Empty)
Dim lstEditedDataRows As List(Of XFEditedDataRows) =  args.SqlTableEditorSaveDataTaskInfo.EditedDataRows
Dim btnClickUserRow As XFEditedDataRow = lstEditedDataRows.Where(Function(row)row.ModifiedDataRow.Item("UniqueID").Equals(uniqueID)).ToList().First()

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SeanV
New Contributor III

Set the Bound column to a column that is a unique identifier for the data record.   Then in the business rule use that unique identifier and SQL to lookup the other fields/values that you need for that record.

RobbSalzmann
Valued Contributor

Then in your rule, use something like the following to get the row (assuming its always one row) that has the value in it you're looking for:

Dim uniqueID As String = args.NameValuePairs.XFGetValue("UniqueID", String.Empty)
Dim lstEditedDataRows As List(Of XFEditedDataRows) =  args.SqlTableEditorSaveDataTaskInfo.EditedDataRows
Dim btnClickUserRow As XFEditedDataRow = lstEditedDataRows.Where(Function(row)row.ModifiedDataRow.Item("UniqueID").Equals(uniqueID)).ToList().First()

IBK
New Contributor III

Thank You folks. I was able to use the above logic and everything worked.