Set a Parameter chosen value as member filter in Dynamic Calc

Oscarvelasquez
New Contributor II

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance. I am building a CV report where the Scenario filter is a Delimited List Parameter, the value chosen there going to be the Scenario Filter Member for an speceific Account defined as Dynamic Calc. The issue appears when I try to ask for the POV Scenario name because I need that Parameter chosen value instead of the Actual Scenario.

Oscarvelasquez_0-1678317423862.png

This is my formula:

Oscarvelasquez_1-1678317466747.png

And the result of that is from Actuals.

Thanks a lot if anyone has a differente way to do solve this. Just keep in mind that I need the Chosen Value in that specific Parameter

2 REPLIES 2

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

You don't need RemoveNoData in that formula - with GetDataCell you're working on single cells, not buffers.

Beyond that, I think your issue might be on how the cube view is built. You have to ensure that the selected Scenario is actually in the POV of the cell.

ChrisLoran
Valued Contributor

It's not clear here whether scenario parameter will be shown as a combo-box in a dashboard, or whether it's run directly as a cube view from OnePlace and thus prompts for the parameter value.  It's also not clear what the POV setting is on the cube view, whether that is supposed to refer to the scenario driven from the parameter, or driven from the User POV setting.
I am guessing here that maybe the use-case is to have a parameter selection that specifies a *comparative* scenario, so the Cube View displays the scenario on the Cube POV (e.g Actual) but the DynamicCalc is supposed to compare the current POV scenario with the selected scenario driven from the parameter. If that is the case, then you will need to display the comparative scenario (from the parameter) in the cube view, either as columns or rows, and then use Cube View math functions to display the data for both scenarios, or show variance etc.