Setting up a short description of a member

Jacky_C
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I would like to set up a short description of a member so that I can apply different conditional formatting in the cube views. But I don't see such configuration in the metadata, may I know where I can setup this configuration? Thank you.

Jacky_C_1-1716546762513.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KarlT
Contributor

I think this only relates to the Time Dimension where you can use Short Descriptions.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Harry
New Contributor III

Hi @Jacky_C ,

To access metadata you need to click on "Object Lookup" button and select "Dimensions".

Object_Lookup.pngObject_Lookup_Metadata.png

Regards,

Harry

Regards,

Harry

Jacky_C
New Contributor III

Hi Harry, thank you for your response. After accessing the dimension tab, may I know where I can see the "short description" setting? I can only see the "Description" and "Name" of a member. It would grateful if you can show that to me. I am quite new to OS so I might have overlooked the setting. Thank you so much.

Jacky_C_0-1716562444979.png

KarlT
Contributor

I think this only relates to the Time Dimension where you can use Short Descriptions.

Jacky_C
New Contributor III

Thanks KarlT for the reply. I thought it could be used in other dimensions as well (i.e., account, ud1-8). I checked the time profile in the system and seems like it only related to Time dimension. Thank you for the clarification.