Show 0.0 in Cube View Data Cell instead of blank cell

Oscar
Contributor

I built a cube view which contains blank cells (this is expected) as there is no data in the intersection. How can I forcibly show 0.0 in these cells (intersections) instead of blank cells? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

twn1
New Contributor II

Hi Oscar, 

You can create a new U8# Dynamic Calc member with the following code:kliau_0-1642208321868.png

This should replace blank cell with 0 after you layout the CV report with the new UD8 member.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

Hi Oscar

If read only is sufficient, just encapsulate a row (or column) dimension's specification like this: GetDataCell(<Some POV> + 0)

Cheers

Christian

twn1
New Contributor II

Hi Oscar, 

You can create a new U8# Dynamic Calc member with the following code:kliau_0-1642208321868.png

This should replace blank cell with 0 after you layout the CV report with the new UD8 member.

Thank you! This is exactly what I needed ... in HFM this was as simple as applying the wanted format to the report, but it never occurred to me that this had to be coded in the U8 dimension (of all places) in OneStream ... Jeeeezz

PFowler
New Contributor

Following up on this. I'm still learning the ropes with OneStream. How would I pass this in my member filter? Also, will this replace all NonData Cells with 0 in the Cube View? 

We created a UD8 dimension member with Formula Type DynamicCalc. The code above is then placed in the Formula field. The newly created member would be referenced in the POV of the cube view where you want to show zeros instead of blanks in the report.

PFowler
New Contributor

Did you do this without creating a business rule? Would you be able to show screenshots of the formula so I can visualize it? 

Oscar
Contributor

The code is shown above. You have to paste it in a UD8 dimension member:

Oscar_0-1664309482246.png

Then in the cub view:

Oscar_1-1664309587018.png

PFowler
New Contributor

Thank you very much