Status of Individual Forms in a Workflow

DKSutherland
New Contributor II

The Workflow Status Reports show the status of the Import, Forms, and Adjustment items that are immediately under the Workflow slider. Is there a way to show the status of the individual Forms under the Required and Optional steps? Our Finance team wants to be able to run a report to see whether individual Forms are marked as Completed or not during the close process. Thank you for your help! Darrin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Standard Application Report "Form Checklist" is powered by a Data Adapter that calls the FormsStatusForWorkflowUnit Method.

JackLacava_8-1668598854941.png

That might be enough to create the report that you mention - with a caveat: in my tests, that method does not return any forms that have never been touched (i.e. it will only list forms that have been marked as completed or rejected/reverted).

If you need all the forms in a detailed manner, you might have to get your hands dirty with a business rule. Start from BRApi.Forms.Metadata.GetForms(si, workflowClusterPK), it will return a XFFormsForWorkflow object that represents the "Forms" item in the profile (note that the PK you pass should point to that Forms step, not to the period). That object will have .OptionalForms and .RequiredForms collections containing all forms, including untouched ones.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Standard Application Report "Form Checklist" is powered by a Data Adapter that calls the FormsStatusForWorkflowUnit Method.

JackLacava_8-1668598854941.png

That might be enough to create the report that you mention - with a caveat: in my tests, that method does not return any forms that have never been touched (i.e. it will only list forms that have been marked as completed or rejected/reverted).

If you need all the forms in a detailed manner, you might have to get your hands dirty with a business rule. Start from BRApi.Forms.Metadata.GetForms(si, workflowClusterPK), it will return a XFFormsForWorkflow object that represents the "Forms" item in the profile (note that the PK you pass should point to that Forms step, not to the period). That object will have .OptionalForms and .RequiredForms collections containing all forms, including untouched ones.

Thank you very much for the feedback. I will give it a try.