Stop repeating dimensions?

m_b_b_15
New Contributor

Hi, I'm a new-ish user to OneStream and the QuickViews.  Is there a way to prevent a dimension from repeating when you refresh - for example, I want monthly (periodic) columns with a specific UD#7 variable - we will call it A.  Then, I want YTD with a different UD#7 member, B for YTD view.  Whenever I refresh the QuickView, OneStream will give me both A and B for all periodic and YTD data.  Is there a way around this? I don't want YTD with UD#7 member A or Periodic with UD#7 member B but not sure what I need to change for the ad-hoc build. 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor II

Hello,

To avoid view dimension members from repeating, have the U7# members in column reference view dimension members and leaving view dimension in POV section i.e. within the quick view's column dimension section you will need to use U7#A:V#Periodic, U7#B:V#YTD. With this, you will end up seeing two columns of U7# members one pulling periodic value and other pulling YTD value. Hope that helps!

Thank you

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

New Contributor II

Hello,

To avoid view dimension members from repeating, have the U7# members in column reference view dimension members and leaving view dimension in POV section i.e. within the quick view's column dimension section you will need to use U7#A:V#Periodic, U7#B:V#YTD. With this, you will end up seeing two columns of U7# members one pulling periodic value and other pulling YTD value. Hope that helps!

Thank you

m_b_b_15
New Contributor

Thank you! This did work - appreciate your help