Synchronization issue between Cube Views and Workspaces Cube View Groups for OS V8.0.0

BeatlesForever
New Contributor II

Hello,

I used to work on v7.4. When we worked on cube views, changes were saved in Cube Views. It worked perfectly. Recently I began to work on v8.0.0, I noticed that when changing a Cube View, OS opens a second window for the same Cube View under CV Groups of Workspaces. If we make changes in one of the windows without refreshing, and then we modify in the other window, it doesn't take previous changes into account. It's just like the issue when two persons work in the same business rule.

Do you have a solution for this issue apart from updating OS version ?

Many thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is just the direction the product is going towards: Workspaces is the new location where CVs will be found, with the Cube Views page considered a deprecated "legacy". Hence why you're sent to Workspaces when you click the button to edit a CV.

My only suggestion is to simply ignore the Cube Views page completely, and look for your CVs directly in Workspaces from now on. That should give you basically the same experience you had before.

@JackLacava will Cube View Profiles or Dashboard profiles ever be workspace specific?  

Hey Robb,

You have better channels than me to get roadmaps 😉 I think it would be reasonable to expect something like that to happen at some point, as more and more things move into Workspace-first modes, but there is no particular commitment.

BeatlesForever
New Contributor II

Thanks Jack. From now on, I will only modify CVs from workspaces. 🙂