TimeStamp when data load is complete

Mustafa_A
Contributor II

Dear Community - 

Is there a way to know when the last load was completed? We have multiple cubes (account recs, mgmt, rept), and it would be helpful if our end user could know when the last  process-load was completed. 

Mustafa_A_0-1639509231174.png

I know we have task activity manager, but if I could filter only the process load tasks, retrieve the time when data load was completed, and display in a table. 

I'm wondering if I need to write a business rule, and integrate that into dashboard/cube. Any idea or examples will be appreciated. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

TheJonG
New Contributor III

Hi there - 

You can create a simple dashboard that contains a SQL Table Editor component which references the TaskActivity Table (accessed in System > Database > System Database > Tables).  The TaskActivityType column is filtered to only show the Load/Load & Process tasks.

TheJonG_2-1639512191272.png

The task activity types are stored as integers and 7001 and 7002 refer to Load and Load & Process.

TheJonG_1-1639512015120.png

TheJonG_3-1639512242099.png

You can add that SQL Table component to dashboard and take it from there. 

If you are using a SQL editor component. Please make sure to change the Allow Inserts and Allow Deletes to False. Otherwise, you run into the danger of trying to write into system tables. (although I do have a feeling that the platform does this automatically)

Jared
New Contributor II

Do you happen to have this Task Activity Dashboard as an XML File I could import for testing?