Unable to trigger an Action through a Grid View

Keyser_Soze
New Contributor III

Hello there,

I am wondering how to use the 'Action' section in a GridView's configuration ... I tried something as simple as opening a Dialog (image below) but I cannot seem to trigger the event. Is there a specific place on the GridView where we need to click or it's not even possible ?

Any kind of help would be much appreciated !

Community3.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NBolinger
Contributor

Hi Keyser Soze, 

The user interface actions run when you set a parameter or run a task (ex. button click or selecting a member in a combo box). By default, when you select a row or something in the grid view, these actions aren't triggered because you aren't "doing" anything. If you create & assign a literal parameter to your grid view and also assign a column name for that bound parameter, it will display your dialog because you are then running an action that will trigger these settings. You don't have to do anything with the parameter value you are setting, it just needs to be in place to trigger the action.

These two settings:

NBolinger_0-1698241801665.png

NBolinger_1-1698241816915.png

Hope it helps!

Nick

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

NBolinger
Contributor

Hi Keyser Soze, 

The user interface actions run when you set a parameter or run a task (ex. button click or selecting a member in a combo box). By default, when you select a row or something in the grid view, these actions aren't triggered because you aren't "doing" anything. If you create & assign a literal parameter to your grid view and also assign a column name for that bound parameter, it will display your dialog because you are then running an action that will trigger these settings. You don't have to do anything with the parameter value you are setting, it just needs to be in place to trigger the action.

These two settings:

NBolinger_0-1698241801665.png

NBolinger_1-1698241816915.png

Hope it helps!

Nick

Amazing ! Thank you for this response