Use attributes dimensions in a cube view

donald_thib
New Contributor II

Is it possible to use data from attributes and attribute values in a cube view row or column filter?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Are you asking about the stage attributes? Or talking about attribute dimensions? If it is the stage, then you could use relational blending. Yes, you are going to create dynamic members to do this. I did write a post on relational blending here.

Nuts and bolts of relational blending in OneStream - CPM Insights

Or you could take a dashboarding approach where you present this information only in a dashboard. An example is here.

Show stage attributes in OneStream using a drill-through dashboard - CPM Insights

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Mustafa_A
Contributor II

Just found something similar answered by @EricOsmanski --

https://community.onestreamsoftware.com/t5/Reporting/How-to-bring-attribute-quot-Text-quot-fields-va...

I'm thinking - by using the method mentioned above. You build a dynamic calc, and reference that in your CV rows/column. 

Open to any other people's ideas/suggestion. Thanks!

Best,

Mustafa A

Thanks Mustafa_A but, the referenced link is pulling the data from a one of the Entity dimensions Text fields from one of the stage attribute fields. I'm thinking a custom member may be my only solution here but, I would like to hear if there are other options.

Thanks Mustafa_A but, the referenced link is pulling the data from one of the Entity dimension's Text fields. I need to retrieve data from one of the stage attribute fields. I'm thinking a custom member may be my only solution here but, I would like to hear if there are other options.

Are you asking about the stage attributes? Or talking about attribute dimensions? If it is the stage, then you could use relational blending. Yes, you are going to create dynamic members to do this. I did write a post on relational blending here.

Nuts and bolts of relational blending in OneStream - CPM Insights

Or you could take a dashboarding approach where you present this information only in a dashboard. An example is here.

Show stage attributes in OneStream using a drill-through dashboard - CPM Insights