Variable |MF...| passing to XFBR

wJack
New Contributor II

Dear Community

I am facing the fact that my XFBR(BR_XFBR_String, ParentBold, sEntity = |MFEntity|) does not passing the Entity Name to XFBR.

CubeView is organized in the way that Rows contains just a part of Entity structure Entity.ChildrenInclusiveR (this two step structure has no Base Members) and i need to format only Top Parent of that. It works when Variable comes form POV or CV but not from the Rows/MF.

Is there any way to use |MF...| for passing information to XFBR?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

EricOsmanski
Valued Contributor

|MF| substitution variables only work when it is used on the same Member Expansion in the Rows. For example, if the Entity member filter is on Member Expansion 1, the |MFEntity| substitution variable cannot be on Member Expansion 2.

Hi Eric!

I am having a similar issue as the OP and I've been doing some testing to try to get this to work. I have an XFBR that attempts to use a passed account value to return that account's UD2 constraint. That feels like a good candidate for using the |MFAccount| substitution variable in my name value pair for my XFBR. I've tried using it in both Member Expansion 1 (i.e. A#Account:U2#XFBR(...,SelectedAccount=|MFAccount|)) and Member Expansion 2 (Member Expansion 1: A#Account, Member Expansion 2: U2#XFBR(...,SelectedAccount=|MFAccount|)). Neither of these appear to be working. However, this works perfectly if I am attempting to use for Name to rename the row (i.e. A#Account:Name(XFBR(...,SelectedAccount=|MFAccount|)). That helps me know that my XFBR is working. It also works if I hard code my account (i.e. A#Account:U2#XFBR(...,SelectedAccount=Account)).

Are you aware of a way to use |MF| substitution variables when they are all on the same member expansion level to generate a dimension selection or can it only be used in an XFBR when generating a name?

osdevadmin
New Contributor III

facing a similar issue, however |MF| substitution variables never work for me when using as a argument in XFBR for all dimensions and regardless where i use it in member filter