Viewing Stage Attributes From Excel

Jason
New Contributor II

I have a Stage Attribute of text type attached to my source records.  As expected, this drops off when I push data from Stage to the Cube.  

When I run a query in the Excel Add-In and do a drill-down back to source at the base level intersections, I can see all dimensional values except the Stage Attribute #1.

Is there any way to enable this?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Jason
New Contributor II

I think I have answered my own question.

If you ever need to do this in Excel or Spreadsheet:

1. Right-click on a cell in your spreadsheet and select OneStream XF -> Drill Down

2. Highlight a record and right-click and select Load Results For Imported Cell

3. Highlight a record and click the Navigate To Source button.

From there you will be able to see the Stage Attribute(s) along with the other dims.

You can then right-click in a cell and choose Export and then select an option to export as a CSV, XML, etc.

Yes the key is to drill down to the base of all dimensions and only then you would get the option to "Load Results For Imported Cell" which is a bit pain in the hand but you could use "All Aggregated Data Below Cell" (only available if time is at a base level) and drill down on just Entity dim to get to the base and view source data..

NickKroppe
Contributor

Keep in mind, you also have the ability to pull attribute data from stage directly into a cube view or quick view via a UD8 dynamic calc. In addition, you can report on attribute data from stage with a table view in Spreadsheet. Lastly, in 6.8 we now have the ability to configure a cube view to include a navigation link to a dashboard which could be a slick way to provide a user the ability to "drill down" on a cube view pulled into Excel and navigate to a dashboard that presents the enriched stage data.

Regards,

Nick Kroppe