When using GetDataCell in Row and Column, where the Column is the sum of multiple accounts, it returns zero. Guidance needed

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Mark Houghton

Hi, I am trying to build a cubeview which will have one row of data which is the movement between two parameter driven periods. At present I have fixed it for testing purposes to be

S#Actual:WF and S#Actual:T#WFPRIOR12.

The syntax for the 'movement' I have used is GetDataCell(BWDiff(S#Actual,S#Actual:T#WFPRIOR12)):Name("B/W Diff on Yr values")

Most of my columns reference single account codes. These ALL give me the correct result. However, where I have used a formula to calculate the sum of a range of account codes then it will not return the movement value. If I make it a 3 row cubeview, one each for current yr, prior yr and movement, then my values for the 'sum of range of accounts' is returning the correct values for current and prior year but returns blank for the movement.

What is wrong with my syntax ?

I tried switching rows and columns but that did not give me a different result either. 

Can someone suggest a better method OTHER than using row1-row2 or col1-col2 to calculate the movement. I want a one row or one column cubeview for the data to be used by a dashboard chart.

Thanks

Mark

2 REPLIES 2

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Lee Bown

Hi Mark,

I would consider creating a DynamicCalc UD8 member which dynamically calculates the difference to previous year.

There is a Snippet for this.

f9fa5e241bb4ac104c17eac3b24bcbe9.png

Reach out if you need any assistance.

Lee

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Sai Maganti

Mark

Have you tried this (note the square brackets):

GetDataCell(BWDiff(S#Actual,S#Actual:T#[WFPRIOR12])):Name("B/W Diff on Yr values")

BR

Sai