XFBR not working when passing Custom Name Function

osdevadmin
New Contributor III

Hi community,

I am trying to pass a custom name function in the manner below:

XFBR(XFBR_CubeViews, CustomTimeExpansion, timeExp=T#2020.Base, desc = :Name(|MFTimeShortDesc|))

Somehow the XFBR is not able to append custom name function to the periods that are output in custom sort order. Its not reading the custom name function that i am passing to desc variable. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yeah, that's not going to work. You can only append ":Name()" at the very end of the filter, e.g. XFBR(...):Name("My ColName") should work. :Name is effectively a command to the cubeview ("rename the column with X"), not a generic function.

In your case, I guess something like this *might* work, although it depends on what your XFBR actually does:

XFBR(XFBR_CubeViews, CustomTimeExpansion, timeExp=T#2020.Base):Name(|MFTimeShortDesc|)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yeah, that's not going to work. You can only append ":Name()" at the very end of the filter, e.g. XFBR(...):Name("My ColName") should work. :Name is effectively a command to the cubeview ("rename the column with X"), not a generic function.

In your case, I guess something like this *might* work, although it depends on what your XFBR actually does:

XFBR(XFBR_CubeViews, CustomTimeExpansion, timeExp=T#2020.Base):Name(|MFTimeShortDesc|)

osdevadmin
New Contributor III

i agree this would work. thank you @JackLacava !