You cannot highlight cells and see the total in Spreadsheet in OneStream. Is this on the radar? Is there a way to get a subtotal without using the Sum function?

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Eric Osmanski

6/20/2019

You cannot highlight cells and see the total in Spreadsheet in OneStream. Is this on the radar? Is there a way to get a subtotal without using the Sum function? Obviously the below is a simple example but think a huge Budget Form with a ton of cells where people need to see Sums of various things all over.

dd6cceeb1b15dc90a2b264a7bc4bcbf2.png

2 REPLIES 2

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Eric Osmanski

We were talking with the users how OS is meant to replace their current Excel model and the lady raised her hand and said ""OS can't highlight 2 numbers and add them, how can it replace our Excel model?"".
In addition to not being able to 'paste special'' just formulas, we cannot do other 'paste special' options - I often want to transpose what I'm pasting, (shifting stuff from rows to columns). Is there a way to do this in our Excel? Also - similar to the highlighting 2 cells for a subtotal - you cannot use arrow keys to navigate a formula, (like + 2 cells up times 2 cells over) - you have to type the cell refs not navigate to them. (Sorry - as a tax person I'm a BIG Excel navigator!!)

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Brian Wilmot

All great feedback/ suggestions/enhancements to Spreadsheet! Please submit a Support ticket so that we can review these at Triage and discuss with the Triage Team. Once the ticket is created let me know and would be happy to have you attend the meeting to discuss your request(s) if you would like. This will be the best way for the enhancements to get the attention needed. The Triage meetings are well attended. Thanks again for your feedback and that of the customer experience as well!