custom calculation on cubeview report

sanjai
New Contributor

Hi Onestreamer's,

i am building a report on cube view where i have 2 columns. In the first column there will be all month of the budget year. Now, i have to do custom calculation on second column(YTD). I have created parameter in runtime where the user gives input like 1,2,3,4....... upto 12. if the user gives 3 then the rule should take and sum the first three months value in the first column and it should store the total in the second column.

if you know the solution for this requirement, then please share the solution here.Here is the image which is marked by red boxes is my requirement and that yellow box is the manual input data.

Marked by red boxesMarked by red boxes

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi,

One of the ways is that you can create a dashboard, add parameters into the headers (for the users to select 1-12) and refer to the selected parameters in your calculation. Maybe a dynamic calculation suits your requirement here well. If you do need stored data for some reason, you can add a button to execute the custom calculation.

If you have no experience with parameters, rules and dashboards, I am not sure how far you will get from this forum alone(?). But I obviously have no idea about your experience with OneStream.

db_pdx
Contributor III

Hi sanjai: I would recommend changing your parameter to be an actual time period (2024M1, 2024M2...etc) rather than a period number.  This way you can reference the parameter and simply add :V#YTD

T#|!YourParameter!|:V#YTD