"KPI" Component

Clinkscake
New Contributor III

Does anyone know what the attached "KPI" component is?  I attended one of the OneStream Demos and they presented this dashboard with these KPIs at the bottom.  I can't seem to figure out what component they used.

Clinkscake_0-1689337196611.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RoyGoogin
New Contributor II

I can clear up the mystery here... The KPIs on this dashboard were configured using buttons (which show the values and open the dialog box if clicked) and labels (for the descriptions), not BI Viewer Cards. The buttons use an XFBR rule to retrieve the values from the cube, set the text color to red or green based on those values, etc.

BI Viewer Cards are much easier to set up, but the formatting isn't as flexible. The create-your-own approach in this example is more labor-intensive, but you can make it look absolutely any way you want.

In the demo, we have examples using both approaches to show "the art of the possible". 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, I know it's a bit confusing, but: please don't attach images as "cover photo", that's really hard to see. Just copy-paste the image inside the actual post text, or use the "Insert Photos" iconJackLacava_0-1689323253531.pngon the post toolbar.

Sorry about that- I updated the original post.  Is that better?

matt515
New Contributor III

The component looks like the BI Viewer and using the Cards.

Clinkscake
New Contributor III

If it was cards in the BI Viewer, how do you get the borders off?  We use cards in our current dashboard, but haven't figured out how to remove borders.  The other thing is, during the demo, they clicked on the KPI and it launched another dashboard.  I know that's done using "Open Dialog", but it seems like that feature doesn't work on the BI Viewer (unless we have too many components within the viewer).

In the component properties?

JackLacava_0-1689345194650.png

This is from version 7.4.1.

We have 7.3.3, so maybe it's updated; for us, that option only takes the borders on the BI Viewer as a whole, not just the cards. We always have borders set to false, but there are still borders around cards.

RoyGoogin
New Contributor II

I can clear up the mystery here... The KPIs on this dashboard were configured using buttons (which show the values and open the dialog box if clicked) and labels (for the descriptions), not BI Viewer Cards. The buttons use an XFBR rule to retrieve the values from the cube, set the text color to red or green based on those values, etc.

BI Viewer Cards are much easier to set up, but the formatting isn't as flexible. The create-your-own approach in this example is more labor-intensive, but you can make it look absolutely any way you want.

In the demo, we have examples using both approaches to show "the art of the possible". 

sku571
New Contributor II

Thanks Roy! Would you be able to share the sample code with me that was used to build XFBR rule to retrieve the values from the cube and accordingly set the text colors .