vStageSourceAndTargetData Converted Amount

kakouchtim
New Contributor III

Hi OneStreamers,

I am using the table vStageSourceAndTargetDataWithAttributes in a dashboard to display cost centers (Source Account) and Accounts (Target Accounts) per all other dimensions, for a selected entity and period. It's working fine but the amount from the table is always in the local currency of the entity, and I'd like to see all amounts in EUR.

Is there an easy way to convert the figures in the table ? I saw there was a column named "Converted Amount", maybe it can be used somehow to show translated figures ?

kakouchtim_0-1711971973592.png

Appreciate your insights on this.

Adam

6 REPLIES 6

RobbSalzmann
Valued Contributor

Show the consol column in your screenshot.  Is it set to ‘local’ instead of EUR?

kakouchtim
New Contributor III

Nop. I just selected the Time, Entity, Account and Partner.

kakouchtim_0-1711976663912.png

kakouchtim_1-1711976786644.png

I tried selecting Cn = 'EUR' but the table doesn't return any value. Only 'Local' seems to work

RobbSalzmann
Valued Contributor

Yeah, it’s a staging table for drilling to transformed data. The data has to make it into the cube to be translated by the consolidation process.  

would it work for you to pull from the cube instead?

kakouchtim
New Contributor III

I don't think so, unless there's a way to display the source value in UD6 from the cube ? or maybe is it possible to add a calculated column that translates the figures ?

Krishna
Valued Contributor

The SourcetoTarget table has only local amount since the translation is happening in the Cube. You can create a custom table with FX Rates and join the 2 tables and calculate the respective currency.

Thanks
Krishna

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi, my guess is that the converted amount column displays the amount after it went through the conversion specified in the data source, specifically factor value and rounding.

Henning_0-1712040506126.png

As Krishna said, you can create a custom table to merge the existing table with a translated amount, or translate the amount in the rule to store it in the merged table.

However, not knowing more about your solution, I would personally prefer a (SQL) View using a data adapter. This is dynamic, translates your data on-the-fly and does not store the data. Please note that - assuming you just check the account type and translated based on this using the average rate or the closing rate - your translated data may not always be equal to the EUR amount in the cube, depending on custom translations being applied there and other possible influencing factors.