Administrator account

bsalamone
New Contributor II

Hello,

We have received a question from a client's audit team and was hoping someone could point to any documentation regarding this as I've searched but couldn't find anything. Does anyone, OneStream or otherwise, have access to the default 'Administrator' account that is in OneStream applications? It seems like it is used to run the automated tasks like taking system diagnostic snapshots. Just need to know if anyone can access the account or if it is really just for system tasks. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The license owner for the client would have the Administrator credentials.  Nobody else technically should need it.  It is used during the initial installation of OS, at that point I would recommend it remain only for server-side needs such as platform upgrades, and not used for task scheduling.  Hope that helps and good luck supporting your client audit.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MikeG
Contributor III

I would recommend you keep the Administrator account confidential to the core team.  For scheduling of tasks and automation, I'd suggest you create a service account like OS_Service or OS_Admin and have that ID schedule application tasks via Task Scheduler.

bsalamone
New Contributor II

Thanks for the response. I don't intend to change the account just more curious as to who has the credentials if anyone. It seems like it is a default account on all applications so wasn't sure if that meant that the OS Cloud team kept those credentials or if anyone else would have them.

The license owner for the client would have the Administrator credentials.  Nobody else technically should need it.  It is used during the initial installation of OS, at that point I would recommend it remain only for server-side needs such as platform upgrades, and not used for task scheduling.  Hope that helps and good luck supporting your client audit.