How can I restrict an user to access cube view groups that are assigned to administrator only?

Aurora
New Contributor

I have an user who is not an administrator but has manage cube view security role so he can create and manage cube views.  However, he is also able to access cube view groups that are assigned to administrator only.  Is there a way to restrict this user accessing these administrator-only cube view groups?  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Mustafa_A
Contributor II

Maybe setup a security group, and add those restricted access users in there. Then assigned them to that group in CV security setting (as shown below). Let me know if that helps. 

Mustafa_A_0-1644424746276.png

Cheers,

Mustafa

Aurora
New Contributor

Hi Mustafa,

Thank you for your reply!  I tested to assign a new exclusion security group to one of the cube view groups but the testing user is still able to access that cube view groups (see below).  We are using v.6.4.  Thanks!

Aurora_0-1644429789681.png

Aurora_1-1644429839523.png

If you let someone to Mange the Cubeviews, they can manage all of them. Maybe you can file this as an issue. However, I'm sure that is the answer you will get. Manage Cube View trumps the access group or maintenance group.