Mass Deletion option in RCM Groups

Sathish
New Contributor III

Hi Team,

Is there any option to delete user groups in RCM under the Account Reconciliation Market place solution using a template? We have close to 3000+ obsolete user groups which need to be deleted.

7 REPLIES 7

HeatherB_eCap
Contributor III

Hi Sathish, do you mean user groups or access groups?

Sathish
New Contributor III

Hi Heather, I am referring to Access Groups in RCM

HeatherB_eCap
Contributor III

Hi Sathish, I'm not aware of a feature available through the UI. If your company allows it, it would be possible to write a database script that performs a deletion from the Access Groups table, of groups not currently assigned to any account reconciliations. The table structure is pretty simple. Thanks

Heather

Sathish
New Contributor III

Hi Heather, We are aware of that option but we don't want to do anything from the backend script.  I assume it is 2 tables.

Hi Sathish, yes, that would be my understanding. I would first delete from the Access Group Members table, as I'm not sure the DB is configured with a cascading delete. Then I would delete from the Access Groups table. The condition I would base deletion on is whether the access group is assigned to an reconciliations. Note the table structures changed in OFCpv660 (which is perhaps why you have so many unneeded access groups, as the security model was flattened a bit). 

Anyway, best of luck with this effort!

MarkMatson
New Contributor III

In agreement with Heather, as far as I know the back-end is the only way to delete large numbers at once. You can delete an access group which is assigned to a recon so be careful with that. I have an excel template set up to delete all groups and reload based on preparers/approvers in the excel sheet.

Sathish
New Contributor III

Hi Mark, I am interested to understand the template. Is it possible to share it with me? I am happy to connect back with you.