Which one is our OneStream app server, Data Management server etc?

Davy
Contributor

Happy end of Ukraine war (hopefully)??

We have 9 Windows on-premise servers.

1) How do I know Which one is our OneStream app server, Data Management server etc?

2) I am running Parcel services which writes to OneStream's C:\OneStreamShare\Fileshare\Applications\
Will that write to OneStream's application server or DM server?  Parcel services kicks off a Data management job that exports files/reports to that C:\OneStreamShare\Fileshare\Applications\ folder.

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KrisD
New Contributor II

Hi Davy:

Great idea to work with ONestream Support to resolve the issue.

The setup should be 

Oneshared location which will have the XFAppserverConfig and the XFWeberverconfig.

Normally it is setup as \\yoursharedlocation\OnestreamShare\Config - which will have the config files above.

\\yoursharedlocation\OnestreamShare\ will also house the Applications folder and the System folder that is autogenerated by the system - this is where the files will be saved to.

Most Enterprise solutions have 3 or 4 application servers and 2 or 3 consolidation servers. There is however only the 2 above mentioned configs which are avaiable in the "shared" locaton so they do not need to havethier own config files.

Hope that makes sense.

Good luck - I am sure support wil iron it right out for you.

Bests,

Kris

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

KrisD
New Contributor II

Hi Davy:

If you login to your server, Click on the system tab at the top and about half way down on that tab - you should see -"Environment". If you click on your environment it should show you which of your servers are application servers and which are Data Manamgement servers. Or you can look in your server config file.

Bests,

Kris

Thanks KrisD. As it turns out, we have 4 windows servers running in parallel as Consolidation servers, 3 as application servers.  So what is confusing is this: when I save a file to C:\OneStreamShare\Fileshare\Applications\, I don't know which server it is saved to!! Also, it looks like one  of the application server is set up to run consolidations as well. Rather confusing. 
Also, all 3 windows app server has a XFAppServerConfig.xml.  So it looks like I have to create a ticket for support to help me have all servers point to one XFAppServerConfig.xml file instead of multiple xml files.

KrisD
New Contributor II

Hi Davy:

Great idea to work with ONestream Support to resolve the issue.

The setup should be 

Oneshared location which will have the XFAppserverConfig and the XFWeberverconfig.

Normally it is setup as \\yoursharedlocation\OnestreamShare\Config - which will have the config files above.

\\yoursharedlocation\OnestreamShare\ will also house the Applications folder and the System folder that is autogenerated by the system - this is where the files will be saved to.

Most Enterprise solutions have 3 or 4 application servers and 2 or 3 consolidation servers. There is however only the 2 above mentioned configs which are avaiable in the "shared" locaton so they do not need to havethier own config files.

Hope that makes sense.

Good luck - I am sure support wil iron it right out for you.

Bests,

Kris

Davy
Contributor

Thanks Kris. Your info is above what tech support told me, so it supplements them.
I'm giving you kudos so that you will rank higher in this portal.

KrisD
New Contributor II

lol - thaks