Aggregation BI-Blend non-attribute dimensions without base members

JamesKirkby
New Contributor III

Hello:

I've integrated a set of transaction details from a GL into a bi-blend cube within OneStream. I'd like to aggregate along the UD1 dimension so we can see the data at the parent level for each transaction. The dimension consists of a set of parents with a few base members rolling up to each one, it's a pretty simple dimension. I'd like to be able to see the parents in a column with the base members in the other column. Note: that the base member is being passed directly form the data source, i.e. It's a pass thru mapping. An example of a parent child relationship is below:

Parent: Clubs

Base:1000

Base:2000

In the ud1 value column, I'd like to only see "clubs" while in another column I would like to see "1000" and "2000" values in another. I know that in the ud1 when I aggregate this dimension, I'll see the base member and the parent members in the same column for UD1 even if it's the blend unit dim. I'm passing the base values into an attribute. Is the only way to exclude non-base members is filtering the data set on the data adapter that feeds the BI-BLEND dashboards? I know it will work, but just curious if anyone else has run into this. 

Thank - James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That is correct, you can create a Data adapter to this view.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Are you using Star Schema creation? If you did that, then you'll get a Parent Column in the view, and you can use the view to pull it. If you use Member filters, then if this is a blend unit dimension, that will change how the members are stored in blend tables.

Interesting. When I update my bi-blend settings between star schema and non-star schema I don't get any additional columns. I was however able to get the data in need into the table. I was lucky in the respect that my base level data for UD1 matches what's in the ERP, so I just did column comparison against and attribute and it's working and performing well. 

Pay attention to the word view, it is not a table. You need to create a connection to the view OS creates using the dimension tables.

ckattookaran_0-1643994037519.png

The P columns are parents.

Got it - so I can query this table from inside OneStream using an SQL data adapter then?

That is correct, you can create a Data adapter to this view.