Appending data through "Import Register Items from an Excel File"

CrispinC
New Contributor II

I have a loaded set of base data in our People Register, but this needs to be amended to capture New Hires, Leavers, Promotions etc. I had thought that this would be possible by using the excel file template that was used for loading the base data. I've tried doing this for a leaver, where I have manually changed the base entry to show the "to period" as the month that the person leaves and then created an entry in my blank template to show the remainder of the period with no salary (this enables me to build a bridge of starters, leavers etc.)

When I load the file the new entry overwrites the row already in the People Register. What I need it to do is to add a row. The load method in the file shows "Merge" and I wonder what I should change this to in order to get the import of the adjustment file to add the adjustment rows rather than overwrite them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you are using "Merge," it does a UPSERT. that is why it updates the existing row. You might have to change the instance (RegisterIDInstance) of that new row to a different number so that both stick.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

If you are using "Merge," it does a UPSERT. that is why it updates the existing row. You might have to change the instance (RegisterIDInstance) of that new row to a different number so that both stick.

Many thanks for your advice, that looks like it solves it.