BI Blend : No valid Datakeys (Scenario/Time) found in Data Source

Manjinder_Singh
New Contributor

Hi, 
I am practicing building a BI Blend report on Golfstream Application. 
I was able to create a connection to the external database i.e SQL Studio, make the config changes in Onestream Database Configuration Utility and I can fetch that data in the dashboard using SQL connection string which is working fine. Then I created a new Workflow profile that uses the BI Blend functionality. It is throwing some errors as you can see below 

Manjinder_Singh_0-1712766280334.png

Any help would be highly appreciated. Moreover, if someone has a working guide/tutorial to get started with BI Blend, that would be appreciated. 

P.S. - I already have the BI Blend reference guide but it is not working since there is no specifically designed tutorial to practice  BI Blend Reporting in that. 

4 REPLIES 4

Krishna
Valued Contributor

@Manjinder_Singh - Typically if there are no data rows then this error would pop up.

1. Check whether the external table has the data?

2. Make sure you mapped the time & scenario correctly.

Thanks
Krishna

Krishna
Valued Contributor

Make sure you tag the external table in BI Blend Settings

Krishna_0-1712769066979.png

Thanks
Krishna

Manjinder_Singh
New Contributor

Hi @Krishna 

Thanks for your response. I really appreciate that. 

I have created a database in SQL Studio and trying to link that external database in workflow profile configuration as you have mentioned above.

It would be really helpful if you could provide a working demo i.e screenshot in your system ?

Thanks

Manjinder

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

BiBlend fetches data from datasources in the same way an Import step would do. What you're seeing is not a blend problem as much as a generic DataSource / Transformation issue: none of the valid records generated by the datasource, after transformation, actually points to Scenario Actual and Time 2011M1.

You might get some information by looking at the log (clicking on the gear-in-document icon on the Blend toolbar, and selecting to open the file with Notepad - not Excel!).

Generally, I'd suggest to test datasources with a simple Import step in a separate Scenario, since you get to see what the records end up looking like. Then wire the Datasource to Blend steps once you're sure they will generate "good" records.