Data management sequence as workflow step

AndreaF
Contributor III

Hi,

is there an easy way to setup a workflow step to run a data management sequence?

I have an existing data mng sequence and I'd like users to run it from a workflow profile.

Thank you

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

SamRichards
Contributor

Hey Afone, 

100% agree with Henning, that is a very common way to do it and I would say if you were using a form workflow then 100% go with Henning suggestion. If it is an import workflow, then you can use an extender rule to and put the DM sequence name in the filter and then when the workflow processes it will kick off the Dm sequence. Let me know if you want the extender rule and I can put it in here.

Thanks,

Sam

View solution in original post

Mine is an import workflow, so what I did is to set the form step of the workflow to workflowtype = "preprocess, form input", and its calculation definition to No Calculate, with filter value equal to the name of the data mng sequence.

I have then found and added to the application extensibility rules a Data Quality Event Handler rule, which  execute the DataMgmt Sequence that was specified in the filter value.

The DataMgmt Sequence now runs when I press Process cube from the form step of the workflow.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi Afone, there are several ways. An easy way is to create a button in a dashboard that executes your DM sequence and add that button/dashboard to the workflow.

SamRichards
Contributor

Hey Afone, 

100% agree with Henning, that is a very common way to do it and I would say if you were using a form workflow then 100% go with Henning suggestion. If it is an import workflow, then you can use an extender rule to and put the DM sequence name in the filter and then when the workflow processes it will kick off the Dm sequence. Let me know if you want the extender rule and I can put it in here.

Thanks,

Sam

Mine is an import workflow, so what I did is to set the form step of the workflow to workflowtype = "preprocess, form input", and its calculation definition to No Calculate, with filter value equal to the name of the data mng sequence.

I have then found and added to the application extensibility rules a Data Quality Event Handler rule, which  execute the DataMgmt Sequence that was specified in the filter value.

The DataMgmt Sequence now runs when I press Process cube from the form step of the workflow.

AndreaF
Contributor III

Thank you both, I will have a look at your suggestions and let you know how it when once done!