Derivative logical operator issue

JacquesT
New Contributor II

Trying to create simple rule based on value greater than or less than zero, however only my Negative rule successful.

A#[ACC1]=ACC1_POS | Create If > x | Final and A#[ACC1]=ACC1_NEG | Create If < x | Final

On the above stated expression type, I first tried to specify the Math Value only as 0, however nothing happened. Only when I changed it to 0.01, did the logic start to work.

Now, if the source value is a negative, the second derivative rule works (returning ACC1_NEG), but if I put through a positive source value, it does not create ACC1_POS

a bit stumped on this one now. 

Any suggestions someone can perhaps suggest? 

cheers, Jacques

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JacquesT
New Contributor II

Got to the bottom of this with the help from Francisco (Curro) Tores of Inlumi. 

The specific cube we are submitting into, was setup with specific Integration settings on some Scenario members, where it has 4 additional Attribute Value Dimensions.

JacquesT_0-1724234175726.png

On the Data Source config side, these fields had no reference associated with it, i.e. column number linked to an Amount. When specifying this detail, and then also flagging each field as False for 'Zero Suppresion', the derivative rules started working as expected.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MarcusH
Contributor III

Hi Jacques

It works for me. I created derivatives same as you - the Math Value is 0:

MarcusH_3-1723647223910.png

And that gives me these 2 extra rows:

MarcusH_1-1723647095384.png

What source data do you have?

JacquesT
New Contributor II

I have it setup in the manner you replicated. On the rule that works, I have it setup as follows:

JacquesT_0-1723653124106.png

As soon as I change the value to only 0, it doesn't create the _NEG account.

I'm uploading a CSV file, which nothing looks out of place on, as I can see all the values being Imported.

The positive rule that's not triggering, I have setup similarly:

JacquesT_1-1723653373423.png

I am working with a provided CSV file, so perhaps I'll continue testing with a newly created 2 line file.

JacquesT
New Contributor II

New CSV file with only 4 lines of data results in similar outcomes. Only negative values are transformed to desired account.

JacquesT
New Contributor II

Got to the bottom of this with the help from Francisco (Curro) Tores of Inlumi. 

The specific cube we are submitting into, was setup with specific Integration settings on some Scenario members, where it has 4 additional Attribute Value Dimensions.

JacquesT_0-1724234175726.png

On the Data Source config side, these fields had no reference associated with it, i.e. column number linked to an Amount. When specifying this detail, and then also flagging each field as False for 'Zero Suppresion', the derivative rules started working as expected.