Derivative rules - Exclude base entity

Qiniso
New Contributor III

Hi OS experts, 

I want to exclude a base entity - as it must not be affected by the derivative - from its parent for the purpose of this derivative. All entity under a specific parent (ie TDM)  must be part of the derivative expression but excluding one base entity. Anyone knows how I can achieve this?

This is my derivative expression ->

Qiniso_0-1692107351195.png

3 REPLIES 3

MikeG
Contributor III

Hi @Qiniso this might be best served as a Member Formula on a Flow member or Account after the Cube has been loaded.  You do have the option of using a Complex Expression in the Derivative rule editor like such, and you can evaluate the Source Entity but after mocking this up I think it would be better in a Member Formula or Finance BR after the load.

MikeG_0-1692219208437.png

Hope this helps.

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good solution, and I agree that sometimes it might be better to do this in formulas, however it really depends on the situation - the amount of records to be evaluated, auditing requirements, whether you want to spend more time importing or calculating, etc. I'm not dunking! 😅 and I'm not a big fan of derivatives but I know some people really really want to do most of the work at import time. As usual, Onestream can do everything in at least two different ways, lol.

Qiniso
New Contributor III

Thanks Mike. That's a good solution.

Alternatively, include all entities (I know it's tidious 😅)  but don't include the one you want to exclude in the derivative expression. 

Thanks, 

Qiniso D