Exclude or auto complete channel status in WF so WF can be Certified

Clarke_Hair
Contributor

I need to add a Form Channel (Workspace) to our WF's for informational purposes.  Is there a way to exclude this from from the Dependent Status check of the WF for certification purposes.  The channel is defined as a workspace so we can embed a SQL grid report.  I already have similar channels where I have added buttons that control certification/decertification, this just requires the user to select the channel and then click the button.  Trying to get around forcing them to have to select when they might not need to view the provided data.   Understand I could move to a Dashboard but want to keep it in the WF and visible to users.Capture.JPG 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FredLucas
New Contributor III

I don't think you can exclude a specific step from the dependent status check of the WF but you could maybe link it to the status of a previous mandatory step? You mention that you already have buttons that control the certification/decertification of other steps so one workaround would be to have one of those buttons to certify/decertify this other step too if that makes sense...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

FredLucas
New Contributor III

I don't think you can exclude a specific step from the dependent status check of the WF but you could maybe link it to the status of a previous mandatory step? You mention that you already have buttons that control the certification/decertification of other steps so one workaround would be to have one of those buttons to certify/decertify this other step too if that makes sense...

excellent idea on updating the BR to cert/decert all when one is getting done.  Better as that now makes it even easier on the user.

Still interested to see if you can exclude but for this use case, this is a better solution.