Exporting to Amazon S3 bucket

Koemets
Contributor

Does anyone know if OneStream is capable of exporting into AWS S3 bucket?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

franciscoamores
Contributor II

Hi,

Yes. You can use WinScp .net library in the same way you use for SFTP.

Krishna
Contributor III

1. You can use the S3 API call to Put the Objects.

2. Make sure you have the correct privilege's for the S3 account which is going to invoke the API call to upload.

3. I would recommend create a separate bucket for OS and restrict the access so you are covered from Security standpoint.

4. I don't think you require whitelisting the IP's but make sure you have necessary library included.

Please keep me posted if you were able to export to S3. BTW I tested in Azure storage and it works no issues.

Thanks
Krishna

Which libraries do you list in the BR's Referenced Assemblies?

1. You cannot directly reference the libraries. You have to provide the dll files to the OS cloud Support and you have to reference. I did the similar to the Azure storage.

2. You can download the Package from Visual Studio Dot net see screenshot below once installed you can navigate to the project directory and provide the dll files.

KrishnaS_0-1665062672478.png

Thanks
Krishna

Thank you. You essentially answered my original question. Libraries has to be downloaded and provided to the OS support.

If you don't want to overcomplicate your life, I'd suggest you explore the option to use Winscp .NET so you interact with the S3 bucket as you do with SFTP.

The .DLL library is available by default in the OneStream deployment so you will have access to it without raising a ticket.

I agree WinScp is an another option. I am more of SDK.

Thanks
Krishna
Please sign in! Koemets