External Database Oracle Connection

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Krishna Srinivasan

Does anyone connected Oracle Database as external DB ? If so could you please provide the connection string OLEDB or ODBC ? When I try to connect am getting the below error using OLEDB ?

2 REPLIES 2

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Jeff Jones

Krishna,

You would want to create a UDL File on the OneStream Application Server where the Oracle Provider for OLEDB is installed.  Then from there you would select the Oracle Provider for OLEDB on the Providers tab and click "next" and then enter the Oracle SID and the UID and Pwd and verify the connection is successful and you can save it.  

Once it is saved you can then open the UDL file in notepad and it will display the Connection String that you can then use.

Hope this helps.

If you still have issues, please open a support ticket and the team can assist.

Thank You

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Krishna Srinivasan

Thanks Jeff. It really helped.

I was able to fix it today. I have to install Oracle Client and Create DSN name for OLEDB provider information. I was able to create DSN & able to establish the connection. When I try to test the connection.

The Below steps I followed to connect to Oracle EBS ERP System. It is required if it is an On-Premise system.

- Install Oracle Client.

- Create a TNS Name Entry with the Alias. See the below sample.

EBS=
(DESCRIPTION =
 (ADDRESS_LIST =(ADDRESS =(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=hostname)(PORT=1521)
 ))
 (CONNECT_DATA=
 (SID=SIDName)
 (SERVER=DEDICATED)
 )
 )

- Create UDL and test the connection. The Data Source is EBS defined in previous step.

- Provide the connection string in the Config file (External DB).