File move from local system to onestream harvest folder.

RKK
New Contributor

Hi Onestream expects,

I have a .xlsx file located on my local system's C drive that needs to be moved to the Onestream Harvest folder in order to import it into the workflow.

Kindly provide an  Extender Business Rule code on this.It is really helpful to my requirement 

5 REPLIES 5

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Define "my local system C folder": is that the C folder of the system where the OneStream appserver is running, or a client machine?

RKK
New Contributor

HI Jack
Thank you for responding.
My Onestream application is a cloud-based solution and not an on-premises one. All applicationservers are installed in the cloud environment and run exclusively on them. With just one click, we can easily launch the application via a single URL.
 version is 7.0.1.13612

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ok, so where is your file, on a client machine (i.e. completely outside of the cloud environment)?

If that's the case, you'll need to set up something leveraging WinSCP or equivalent. If you talk to Support they'll give you all the details, it's a common requirement.

RKK
New Contributor

Hi,
The source file  is currently located on my local system, completely outside of the cloud environment. I am seeking to transfer this source file from my local system to Onestream harvest, so that it can be imported into the workflow.

Please help me provide the Extender Business Rule code on this

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

As I said - open a case with Support. It's not just about having a magic extender, it will depend on how your system can be safely accessed from the cloud.