How to add a new workflow step to existing workflow

ShivaPrasad
New Contributor

We have lot of workflows by entities, for each entity we need to add another workflow step(Import). and each workflow has different security groups. here, how can i updated the new workflow step at a time at one go. Can you please suggest us some easy ways to update the same.

Thank you,

Shiva Prasad.

4 REPLIES 4

TimVierhout
New Contributor III

Hi,

My approach would be to create a workflow template with the import step, and update all of the workflows with that step. It will be added as the last step which would be one manual thing you have to update.

With kind regards,

Tim Vierhout

Hi Tim,

Thank you for the info, i have tried that way. when we added new template it is appearing as last step in the profile, that is manual work and again i need to define the security that is diffrent for each profile. i am just looking for any way to make easier. 

Thank you,

Shiva Prasad

Henning
Valued Contributor

I am not aware of a supported way to do what you describe (i.e. bulk insert workflow steps in between existing steps). Maybe a good one to post to IdeaStream to put this on the agenda for possible future additions to the platform functionality.

TheJonG
Contributor II

I agree with @ShivaPrasad and @Henning and will also add that you can use grid view to more efficiently update workflow profiles.

TheJonG_0-1726765178926.png