How to import data in stage via excle template.

psatkar
New Contributor

Hi All,

I need help to importing data to stage via excel template. There is some instruction given in Design Doc Loading Stage Data (mcoutput.com), but its confusing. Can someone confirm what I am doing is correct, please refer my excel template below:

psatkar_0-1711553330861.png

3 REPLIES 3

MarcusH
Contributor III

You don't specify how the data is being loading. You can use the XFD format which uses a Data Source to load the data into the stage. In which case you need to set the header row with the dimension codes (eg E#) and secondly the Excel named range that specifies the header information plus the data rows.

You can also use the XFF format which loads into a specific form and bypasses the Transformation Rules. In which case you need to specify some Workflow information.

MarcusH_0-1712052807078.png

The above screenshot is of a Forms Template; there are four rows that contain information on the Form to be updated.

1. These are the Header tokens. They specify the Workflow POV.

2. Dimension Tokens specify what data is contained in each column e.g. CB# means Cube View, E# means Entity The data rows appear underneath the dimension tokens

3. Data Rows. Values for a column can be fixed in the Dimension Token row e.g. O#:[Forms] fixes the Origin member to Forms.

The data rows that will be imported are controlled by a named range. The example here is ‘xffHouston’ meaning it’s importing Forms data for Houston.

MarcusH_1-1712052981780.png

If a data row is not included in the Named Range it will not be imported. There can be more than one Named Range on the worksheet. There can be more than one worksheet containing a Named Range. The first two characters of the name of the Named Range must begin with ‘xf’. The third character specifies the type of data e.g. ‘f’ means Forms. The remaining characters in the name are not used by OneStream. The example here is ‘xffHouston’ meaning it’s importing Forms data for Houston but the Houston part of the name is not used.

When the Named Range is selected, it shows the area in the Excel spreadsheet that OneStream will import. For the Form Import Template, the first cell in the Named Range must be the first cell in the Header Tokens (ie the Form Template Name). All the columns in the Dimension Tokens list must be included. Only the data rows in the Named Range will be imported (blank rows are ignored). Zeroes are loaded; use AMT.ZS# to stop zeroes loading.

This is an example of a named range for the Forms (XFF) import:

MarcusH_3-1712053405898.png

psatkar
New Contributor

Thanks Marcus,

Ad per the design doc reference, I prepared this file and created Data source and TF rules for this. but not able to import this file. This is not form its a actual data flat file. Is there someting I am missing on ?  

psatkar_0-1712938154981.png

psatkar_1-1712938238033.png

2 things to check:

- Named range: does it exist, does it cover the lines you want to import including the header, does it begin with XFD

- Data Source: Allow Dynamic Excel Loads must be True.