I have a file with two amount columns that I need each amount to go to different flow members

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Jon Golembiewski

3/11/2020

Got a data source puzzler - I have a file with two amount columns that I need each amount to go to different flow members. The first amount will always be Euros but the second amount needs to go to Flow Members stored in another column. Screenshot of the file is below.

I can't figure out how to pull this off. First I tried a matrix data source. It correctly creates rows for both amount but always uses the Column header as the Flow. I tried to use a parser rule to point it to the other column but it just picks up the column header of the other column and not the row values.

I am currently trying to use a derivative rule but keep hitting dead ends. I think I've maxed out my data integration expertise so wondering if anyone has done this before or has any ideas?

cdf63af31b955010a2b264a7bc4bcba1.png

2 REPLIES 2

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Puja Patel

This might be a long winded way. But keeping with the matrix data source:

1. Amnt in LOC Crcy --> (Static Value of EUR in Data Source) - Matrix DataKey for Flow Source Dimension

2. Amnt in DOC Crcy --> (Static Value of [RandomMember] in Data Source) - Matrix DataKey for Flow Source Dimension

3. Document currency --> assign to an enabled Attribute (e.g. A1)

In transformation rules,

1. Use composite mappings - e.g. A1#AED:F#[RandomMember] maps to Target F#AED

2. Can use a passthru mask rule of * to * for your Amnt in LOC Crcy mappings. 

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Jon Golembiewski

See attachment