Import form cells using excel template - Validations help request

Mer
New Contributor II

Hi All!  We're trying to import form data via excel template, but the load is not validating certain tokens such as WF assigned entities and template name.

Is there a way of adding validations/static values to objects of type FormRangeContent, similar to the ones in PLP for registerTableRangeContents ?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

MikeG
Contributor III

Is the goal to get the data in once, a one time process for Administrators, or are you building a monthly repeatable process for the users?  If the process will be repeatable then a Dashboard Form may be a better design for managing the import and manual adjustments of the data.   i.e. Combo Box for Entity and also relevant UD's for users to slice/pivot the data in the Form.

Mer
New Contributor II

Thanks Mike!  The goal is to have the users load data, monthly.  They already have a dashboard to do this, with combo and check boxes, but since there are many intersections and lots of scrolling to do, an excel form template was requested.

chul
Contributor III

Which template are you using? There are several: XFD, XFF, XFF Matrix, XFSetCell

Assuming you're using one of the XFF templates (which is recommended based on your post), ensure that the Named Range includes all rows and columns. The dimension token row allows you to lock onto one member (e.g. E#:[Houston Heights]) or vary each row (E#).

cds

Mer
New Contributor II

Thanks Chul. I confirm we're using a XFF matrix template.  We have everything configured, and the form is loading.  We can load both static values [ ] and different values for the rows.

I'm wondering if there's a way to avoid the template from loading any form template or any entity, to just read what's applicable for the WF Profile, similar to how PLP validates the WF Profile and sets static values in the ImportRegisterFromXLSXFile sub.

There is a readtable range method in the brapi utilities, you could use that and then get the field values and perform a validation. I guess you might have to do this in the event handler to prevent the next step (depending on how you are loading the data).

Mer
New Contributor II

Thanks! The problem is that BRApi.Utilities.ReadExcelTableRangeContent and BRApi.Utilities.SaveTableRangeContent are only available for type TableRangeContent, and not for FormRangeContent.

jrk
New Contributor III

@Mer - Were you able to resolve this? Even with Can Load Unrelated Entities set to False and Entity Assigned to parent WF, this setting only works for Import type.

I hope OS enables, Can Load Unrelated Entities even for Input Form like adjustment type which has this option enabled from V8